• You want to visit places that are off the beaten track
• You want introductions to local artisans producing local produce
• You are a Locavore (a person who makes an effort to eat food, and taste wine, that is grown, raised, or produced locally.)
• You want unique experiences designed to connect with local culture & community.
• You enjoy the company of likeminded travellers and the conviviality it generates.
• You have a passion for the Italian Lifestyle and that says it all.
Wine and Food Traveller Itineraries include
• Private & exclusive visits to meet the winemaker
• Cooking classes in non commercial kitchens
• Meet the local producers , understand their history and pride
• Street food Italian style
• Time out to explore the beautiful towns we stay in.
• Market visits in the regional towns we visit
• Meet Slow Food producers , menu explanation & amazing discussions with the producers
• Passeggiata (walk) through ancient hilltop and coastal towns
• Dining in Ristorante & Trattoria favoured by the locals, (not the guide books.)
• Visit 13th Century (and older) cellars
• Local wines for lunch & dinner
Our Local Guides
Our guides are partners in the business and have personally been selected after we invested the time (a real hardship) experiencing what they offer. Their knowledge of the regions we visit, and the Slow Food movement combined with the passion of the Italian Lifestyle means you are in good hands.
They share with us the reality of daily life as well as the historical significance of the location, its architecture and the peoples who have inhabited the region.
We open doors to private places that are otherwise not open to the public.
We know the special places to visit in each town you stay in, so when you have free time take the recommendations of our guides or do your own thing.
The Advantages of Traveling with Wine and Food Traveller to Italy
Everything is organised for you, but nothing is rushed; excellent food and wine keeps coming and the enjoyment of travelling with a very small group makes it much more intimate. Consider whether you would like to link two tours back to back, perhaps one region with a small group tour then travel another as a couple. There are plenty to choose from, so please read the itinerary’s or let us design one to your requirements.
We use 4 Star hotels of charm and character including small private and family owned hotels, always unique, and authentically Italian.
We are members of Slow Food